Sunday, September 21, 2008

Shadyside Art Fair




The first thing to say today is Happy Birthday Jessica! It was nice to chat to you today, I hope you have a wonderful day, and I wish that I could be there to celebrate with you.
Secondly, I want to share with everyone my weekend activities. Yesteraday was a bit of work on a paper in the morning and then some cleaning, cooking and relaxing, which was nice. Aaron and I had some wine and did some chatting over the web cam - not as nice as in person, but better than just talking on the phone.

Today was the Shadyside Art Fair. Shadyside is a really cute little residential and shopping area right down the street from me. There are also lots of cute little coffee shops and restaurants along a couple of streets. There were tons of booths set up with all sorts of arts and crafts. I went with Niki and Cale (and Sandy - Cale's dog) - two of the other interns - and walked around for a couple of hours. And then of course we had ice cream - how could we not?

There were also these really neat metal statues that were large with weighted, bobbing heads. It was a beautiful day, and I was glad to have some time to spend outside. So a good day overall, although Aaron seems to be having a rough time, and the Patriots lost, so some not so good things today. The steelers are also currently losing, but I have not decided if that is good or bad yet......

No comments: